Community Connection Center
Three teams, One center
To provide a safe environment for people to access individualized care, support, and appropriate community resources.
The community connection team, which is comprised of case workers and social workers have become the liaisons between front line police work, the community, which includes service providers and individuals/families that are experiencing homelessness and/or are in crisis.
- Intermittent, short term therapeutic intervention
- Care coordination between agencies
- Case Management, which includes but is not limited to:
- Transportation assistance
- Family re-unification
- Housing assistance
- Employment resources
- Navigation of the behavioral health system
Law enforcement and the mental health consumer.
- CIT includes specially trained law enforcement officers.
Trained with tactics to effectively deal with a situation involving a person experiencing a mental health crisis.
- CIT officers have received training to assist in identifying characteristics of various mental disorders.
- Officers are trained to provide a safer intervention for the person experiencing a mental health crisis, their family members, the community and the officers themselves.