If you can answer YES to all of the below questions, you are ready to file your report online.
- This is not an Emergency?
- This incident occurred within the Salt Lake City jurisdiction? View maps
- This did not occur on a state highway?
- You have a current email address, that you check regularly, to find out if additional information is required or your report has been accepted.
If you answered NO to any of the questions please look at our frequently asked questions section.
Welcome to the Salt Lake City Police Department Online Police Reporting System. Using this online reporting system allows you to submit a report immediately and print a copy of the police report for free. Please make sure to turn off your pop-up blocking software before filing the report.
IMPORTANT: You must put a phone number in at least one of the phone number fields (Home, Cell or Business) in case the follow up Detective needs to contact you for additional information. Follow up contact will NOT be made to an email address.
- All cases filed using the Citizen Online Police Reporting System will be reviewed.
- Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted.
- Filing a false police report is a crime.
- You must start your case here to get a copy of the report here. And only the categories listed above are reportable online at this time. To request copies of other case reports, you must file a GRAMA request. Click here.
Upon completion of this report process you will:
- See the words: “Your online police report has been submitted” showing that your police report is complete.
Upon the Salt Lake City Police Department’s acceptance of your report you will:
- Be given a permanent police report case number.
- Be able to print a copy of the police report to keep for your records.
To file a report in English, continue below.
Start by choosing a category from those listed below.
If you are a caregiver for someone who may wander due to autism or another disability, please consider adding them to the Autism Safety Registry by calling (801) 799-3111 or using the online form. Please provide the following information on each individual:
- Full name
- Address, including apartment number
- Date of birth
- Guardian’s name and phone number
- Any other pertinent information
You may only register individuals who live in Salt Lake City. The information will be entered into our database for use by emergency responders only.
To learn more about Invisible Disabilities—Interacting with Law Enforcement, click here.
Select this report category if you have been the victim of fraudulent use of your credit or debit card.Click to Start Report
Select this category to report harassing telephone calls or text messages.
Utah Code: 76-9-201. Telephone harassment.
(1) A person is guilty of telephone harassment and subject to prosecution in the jurisdiction where the telephone call originated or was received if with intent to annoy, alarm, intimidate, offend, abuse, threaten, harass, or frighten another at the called number, the person:
- a) makes repeated telephone calls, whether or not a conversation ensues, or after having been told not to call back, causes the telephone of another to ring repeatedly or continuously;
- b) makes a telephone call and insults, taunts, or challenges the recipient of the telephone call or any person at the called number in a manner likely to provoke a violent or disorderly response; or
- c) makes a telephone call and threatens to inflict injury, physical harm, or damage to any person or the property of any person.
(2) Telephone harassment is a class B misdemeanor.
Select this category to file the report for a traffic accident without injuries. Before starting please make sure you have the temporary SLCPD case number that was provided to you by dispatch, your car registration information, and driver’s license information. If another vehicle was involved, please also have the other driver’s name and license plate number.
- You are involved in an accident where there is damage to your car but nobody is injured or requires medical attention.
- You hit a post or mailbox and nobody is injured.
Please note that if the police department was not notified at the time of the accident to receive a case number, a police case will not be filed.Click to Start Report
Frequently Asked Questions
If this page doesn’t answer your question, feel free to contact us.
To speed up the review and processing of your report, it will help if you enter addresses in the following manner. If both portions of the address are simple N S E or W, you should leave the St Type field blank.
|St#||St Dir||St Name||St Type|