Watch Log: Wednesday, April 2, 2014
April 3, 2014
SLCPD Reminds Public of Conference Weekend Parking, Traffic Congestion
April 4, 2014

Watch Command Log Reporting Period:

6 a.m. Thursday, April 3, 2014 – 6 a.m. Friday, April 4, 2014

SALT LAKE CITY — Each day Salt Lake City Police Department receives hundreds of calls for service, not all of which result in a report or arrest. Compiled by Watch Commanders in the field, the Watch Log is a summary of events they felt stood out in the last 24-hour period. Items contained herein are based on information available at the time of its release and should not be interpreted as an admission or finding of guilt. Arrest information may differ from formal charges filed by the prosecuting agency. To see a list of completed calls for service in the last 48 hours, please visit

5:48 a.m.
Unattended death
1255 W. 300 N.

Staff at the facility above found a deceased male floating in the pool when they arrived to work for the day.  There was broken glass by the pool windows indicating forced entry and it was verified that the male was outside the facility alone prior to entering the facility. The death is being investigated by the medical Examiner’s office since the male has no signs of obvious trauma. Next of kin has been notified in regards to the death of 58 year-old Michael Davis.

5:51 a.m.
Shots Fired

900 N. Riverside

Officers were investigating reports of shots fired in the above area when they found several bullet casings in the street. Several bullets struck a home, a vehicle, and no one was injured. Witness stated that the suspect vehicle appeared to be a 90’s model, Pontiac Bonneville.

8:54 p.m.
477 N. 300 W.

It was reported that two male suspects entered the store wearing masks, and one had a weapon in hand. The suspects ordered employees and customers onto the ground and instructed one employee to open the cash drawer. The suspects took cash from the register and fled on foot. Both suspects were described as black males, and one was wearing glasses under his mask. Both suspects were covered in dark clothing.