Watch Log: Monday, June 30, 2014
July 1, 2014
Press Release: Suspect Sought in Business Burglaries
July 2, 2014

Watch Command Log Reporting Period:
6 a.m. Monday, July 1, 2014 – 6 a.m. Tuesday, July 2, 2014

SALT LAKE CITY — Each day Salt Lake City Police Department receives hundreds of calls for service, not all of which result in a report or arrest. Compiled by Watch Commanders in the field, the Watch Log is a summary of events they felt stood out in the last 24-hour period. Call times listed are approximate and typically reflect the first call received by SLC911 (Dispatch) in a given case. Items contained herein are based on information available at the time of its release and should not be interpreted as an admission or finding of guilt. Arrest information may differ from formal charges filed by the prosecuting agency. To see a list of completed calls for service in the last 48 hours, please visit
3:15 p.m.
Missing Person
1325 W. Illinois Ave.

An 80-year-old man, driving a black Dodge pickup, left home to go shopping at 9 a.m. When he did not return home, the family called police at 3:15 p.m. He returned home at 9:50 p.m. The man suffers from bouts of forgetfulness and confusion and likely became lost, having only moved to the area recently.

9:56 p.m.
Shoplift/Fleeing/ASP Deployment
350 W Hope Ave. (Walmart)

Officers responded to a call of a shoplifter in custody. Zachary Keser (3/19/92) tried to flee on foot through the parking lot. Officers took him into custody after a short foot chase. Keser was booked for felony theft, felony warrant, possession of controlled substance (meth and prescription pills) and fleeing.

Agency Assist/ Psych Problem/CED Deployment
1665 S. Riverside Dr. #155

Fire responded on a psych problem/possible suicidal person. They located a 22-year-old man with a belt around his neck. He started acting even more strangely, so they backed out and waited for police. Officers found the man with the belt around his neck, hiding under the blanket on his bed. When the man refused to follow instructions, officers picked him up to carry him downstairs for a medical evaluation. After the man kicked officers a few times and tried to punch them in the face, an officer deployed a Taser to stop the struggle. At this point, the man’s younger brother became angry that a Taser had been used, so he attacked the officers. Both subjects were booked for assault on a police officer and obstruction.

To share information about this or other criminal activity with the Salt Lake City Police Department, please call (801) 799-3000. To remain anonymous, text the keyword TIPSLCPD plus any relevant information to 274637. Reference: crimetip.