Community Response Specialist
Are you qualified to become a Community Response Specialists?
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be 18 years of age or older at the time of application.
- Considerable human relations and communications skills.
- Must communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with individuals from diverse organizations and backgrounds.
- Ability to work independently, make critical decisions, and use initiative and common sense.
- Must have valid state driver’s license or Utah driving privilege card (or the ability to obtain one within 30 days of employment).
- Ability to pass the Salt Lake City Police Department’s Civilian Response Training Program including classroom instruction, field work, and vehicle operations.
Check back for future hiring dates.
Under the supervision of a police supervisor, the Community Response Specialists will perform various non-emergency, low-hazard duties both in the office and in the field. This position will interact with the public and complete data entry.
What can Community Response Specialist do Independently?
Specialist will perform a variety of specialized and technical non-emergency, low-hazard police duties including:
- telephonic case reports
- property reports
- low-hazard property crime
How can Community Response Specialist assist officers?
The Community Response Specialist will provide support by responding to telephonic case reports and select in-person requests during high call-volume times and days of the week.
Why work for Salt Lake City.
We offer a competitive benefits package.
Click on the available links below to learn more.
- All equipment provided.
- Pension Plan Contributions
- Shift Differential
|Job Title||Pay Grade||Entry||1 Year||3 Year|
|Community Response Specialist I||120||$20.61||$23.19||$27.12|
|Community Response Specialist II||122||$21.87||$24.61||$28.80|
Personal Leave Accrual:
|Months of Continuous City Service||Hours of Personal Leave|
|Less than 6||40|
|Less than 24||60|
|24 or more||80|
The City will observe
13holidays for all eligible employees.
Each eligible employee who has completed 6 continous full years of employment with the City will receive an additional $50 each month.
Each eligible employee who has completed 10 continous full years of employment with the City will receive an additional $75 each month.
Each eligible employee who has completed 16 continous full years of employment with the City will receive an additional $100 each month.
Each eligible employee who has completed 20 continous full years of employment with the City will receive an additional $125 each month.
|Completed Years of Continuous City Service||Hours of Vacation per Year||Hours Accrued per Pay Period|
|0 to completion of year 3||97||3.73|
|Beginning of year 4 to completion of year 6||115||4.42|
|Beginning of year 7 to completion of year 9||125||4.81|
|Beginning of year 10 to completion of year 12||144||5.54|
|Beginning of year 13 to completion of year 15||160||6.15|
|Beginning of year 16 to completion of year 19||176||6.77|
|Beginning of year 20 or more||200||7.69|